Saturday, May 22, 2010

105 and sunny

Hell has nothing on a Florida summer. Between the heat ( it was 105 degrees in my roommates car yesterday) and the humidity, simply breathing is a chore. Despite the fact that I have lived in Tallahassee for almost 2 years, I have never experienced a true Florida summer. I am tan(and sunburned) trying with every ounce of will I have NOT to turn on the AC. All the while trying to elicit a creative ability to stay cool in any way where I don't touch my wallet. It's not an easy feat, I feel like I should be granted an Olympic medal for such skills. Only the love bugs enjoy this weather, a fact made apparent by their ability to so avidly fly straight onto my body only to become stuck and meet an imminent death by drown themselves in tanning oil. Survival of the fittest :)
Despite my disdain for sweltering heat, I know a part of me will miss it. When I'm two shades away from matching computer paper, and my nose is red from blistering NYC winds, I will think back on these days. Despite my short path through Tallahassee, I appreciate what you have done for me. So Tallahassee, stay classy, and one day I'll be back, sitting by the pool, and flicking bugs off my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment