Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dreams on a peice of paper

My father is an expert at persuasion, being a criminal investigator and a former Cop I should hope so.
I use to be a idealist, I saw my dreams and knew I was going to jump without thinking the first time an opportunity came my way. My father on the other hand is a pragmatic person, always thinking 10 steps ahead, always making practical decisions, and through his effortless talent, I became the same way. Now I wont say it was all bad, it helped me to make some very wise decisions about my life, and taught me how to really prepare for the next step and not just hope things were going to work out. Yet the time has come where I said I would jump in...I have had practical views on it that have told me "stay put, save money, think of the future" but in my heart everything changes. The idealist inside me is screaming "JUMP YOU FOOL! This is everything you have ever wanted and worked for!" So which shoulder angel so I listen to? Do I stay in a place with an Ok school, save tons of money, but go along thinking..."what if I had gone to FIT? Was this the right decision?" Will I ponder this 20 years down the road and see that I was wrong to turn away? Will I do exactly as my father did when he was put into this situation? It's a decision he still contemplates today...how will I feel if I don't end up where I wanted to, and think back on how my dreams were given to me and I turned my back?
In many ways the Pro's out weigh the cons...yes this is going to be the biggest decision I have made to date.

Yet all roads point to jump..so here I come NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment